Saturday, December 31, 2011

In Emmy's Words:

Happy New Year's Eve! It is a gorgeous day here, and I decided to begin the day with a good run. I had hoped to put on my new Ipod and go hard, but someone wanted to join me. Let me preface by saying that this little someone talks the entire run, and in between my winded breath, I try to respond the best I can. She even cheers me on with "you can do it, mommy" when I go up hills pushing her. We always seem to have a good conversation though, and today was no different.

I am glad she did end up joining me today because not only did I begin with a good run (pushing 30+ pounds in the stroller on some hills), I also had good company and kicked off my day with a smile.

Conversation with Emmy:

Emmy:
Mom, I want to have a wedding like you and Rina at the beach. I were not at your wedding, mom. I were still in your tummy. And mom, I want to wear a pretty dress and crown like you did.

Me: OK Emmy, who are you planning to marry?

Emmy: I don't know. Bella.

Me: You can't marry her, silly. She is your cousin. How about daddy?

Emmy: Yeh! Daddy! We will all hold hands and stand in a circle.

Me: That sounds great! Do you want to have your wedding at the beach like me and Rina?

Emmy: No, I want to have it at Rina's house for the 1st one. The 2nd one at Nana's house and the 3rd one at Mimi's house.

Me: So you want 3 weddings?!

Emmy: Yes. And mom, you can have 3 after me.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Love Emmy's conversations! Still love the conversation I had with her by the fire and she said "Becky this fire sure is spicey" when what she really meant was that it was smokey!