After looking at my last post with my child smiling and giggling, I can't help but think about the children at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut whose happiness, innocence, smiles and future were stolen from them in a matter of minutes.
Today
I cherish these smiles, laughter, pure innocence and happiness, but I know some families will never experience that again with their babies they lost on Friday, December 14th. As a
parent, I can't imagine losing one of the biggest pieces of my life. I
know they all must be left with a huge hole that will never be filled. And for the teachers, staff, law enforcement and investigators who were a part of this horrible tragedy, I know they will never be the same. To the families who lost their precious small children in this tragic
nightmare, we send our deepest condolences and prayers for healing.
A friend of mine posted this on facebook, and I think these words ring true...
"When I was a boy and I would see scary things
in the news, my mother would say to me, "Look for the helpers. You will
always find people who are helping." To this day, especially in times
of "disaster," I remember my mother's words and I am always comforted by
realizing that there are still so many helpers -- so many caring people
in this world." - Mister (Fred) Rogers.
One bad person will be
overcome by the thousands who will come together to support the
situation in CT. Being the opposite of evil is the only way to fight
it.

No comments:
Post a Comment