Monday, January 6, 2014

My little Snow Angels





Happy New Year Blog World! We rang it in on the couch in pjs sipping on pedialite, eating only saltines and jello. Sounds fun I know. We owe thanks to the nasty stomach bug who visited each member of our family during the holiday break.

Following that, I'll be real honest...at the first mention of a possible snow day and single digit temps (meaning we can't leave the house once again), I was having to dig real deep to find patience and a happy spot with the recent sickness, cold weather, long breaks and LOTS of together time in our house.

But then Emmy sprang out of bed this morning with a huge smile saying "it snowed, it snowed." They couldn't wait to step outside despite the freezing temps and lack of warm clothes (notice my daughter is wearing socks for mittens - does that make me a bad mom?). They ran, ate snow and attempted snow angels out of less than an inch of snow. And to capture these sweet smiling faces and sheer joy with barely a dusting of snow just warmed my heart and helped me find that happy spot. I am so happy to spend a little more time with these spunky, energetic little ones before they head back to school.

No comments: