Monday, March 3, 2014

School with Mrs. Hiney

Today we welcomed another "no school" day. I can't really say it was a "snow day" but more of an ice/snow mix that was nothing to get excited about. We had to pull out some creative juices today with our pretend school. Emmy picked "Mrs. Hiney" as my teacher name, while she and G took on Catherine and Mack. We did a pretend school day - complete with circle time, arts and crafts, indoor play time in the jump house, a 5-minute encounter with the ice/snow, lunch, hot chocolate and a movie. 

I completely sympathized with pre-school and homeschool teachers today as I took on the role of "Mrs. Afeelya Hiney" (as I was called by daddy who happily helped Emmy complete the full name - ha). It is not easy coordinating activities for kids the entire day. I will say though that I am proud of my students, Catherine and Mack. They behaved very well today considering we couldn't go outside for more than 5 minutes. Tomorrow we face another "no school" day. Hopefully Mrs. Hiney will be able to make it through day 2 and would be happy to have a little sunshiney! :)

No comments: