Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Hello Kindergarten!

Oh where or where have the past 5 years gone? It is hard to believe today was my baby girl's first day of Kindergarten! We went last night to meet her new teacher, and she went for her first half day today. 

I have anticipated this day for a long time, and knowing myself, I truly thought I would be carrying a bucket of tears back to my car with me when I left her for the first time. But it was different. I walked her in with her new backpack and watched her take it off proudly and head to her seat alone - not needing any help from me. She sat right down and began the project the teacher had laid out. She had no questions. She had no worries. This girl was ready. And therefore, so was I. Ready to embrace this exciting new change and chapter in our lives. Ready to let this child learn and grow beyond what I can teach her at home.

And so there were no tears. Instead, I walked to the car with a big smile thinking of all the opportunity that is coming her way. My heart was happy. And I am thankful.

Kindergarten...Meet Emmy:  
An eager, excited, independent, fun-loving, compassionate and happy little girl. When asked how her first day went, her reply was, "it was even awesomer than I thought!"






No comments: