Sunday, June 12, 2016

Waking Up Early


I love summer. I love the fact that we get to be together more as a family. I love that Emmy is home with us after she is a slave to school the rest of the year. I love that we go swimming and have to wash towels daily because of the chlorine smell that lingers in the house. I love the smell of the charcoal grill and freshly cut grass outside. I love the we can get a tan and look more alive. 

I love sleeping in. 

But...with three little ones. That last one has yet to happen for us this summer. In fact, most mornings, my kids have woken up earlier than normal school days when in fact, it should be the opposite. I don't know the reason, but we are all up and at em by 6 a.m. most days.

We checked one of the summer bucket list last weekend as we camped out at Antrim. These photos were taken in the wee hours of the morning when the sun just rose. We woke up with the cows at 5 a.m. and began our Memorial Day in this beautiful place.

And when you barely slept a wink, you can't wait to get up and crawl out of the damp tent at 5 a.m. to start a new day. Waking up early isn't so bad when you are camping. Additional perks are seeing the sunrise and this guy who had already been up in the 4 o'clock hour making coffee.


Everyone else was still sound asleep in these three tents...
While we were welcoming the day in this beautiful place.

 When the kiddos finally woke up, Seth had already made a trip to Dunkin' Donuts for them. These are some early morning pictures of the kids...
Staying up late and waking up early is all part of the fun with camping. And remembering the night... hiking, grilling, roasting marshmallows, hanging out by the fire and catching fireflies. These memories make it all worth it.
Full disclosure: it did take me about a week to recover from this one. Taking kids camping is a once, maybe twice a year thing. So I hope my kids enjoyed it because it may be a while before the next one! :)

XOXO,
Robin

No comments: