
Sweet Emmy. Today, you are 13 months old. You are a beautiful mess. You have learned and progressed so much in the last month, and I know it is only a blink of the eye before you'll be going on 13. I can't believe how time flies. I wrote this poem for you from your perspective. When you are 13, you can see what you were doing at 13 months. There may be some scary similarities! :) I think it sums up your personality - excited, fun-loving, girly, inquisitive and independent. Happy 13 months! Love, mommy.
I am one. I like to have fun.
I laugh. I cry. I walk. I run.
I like to learn. Just watch me grow.
Oh, how I love the new things I know!
I love "stuff" that I can hold
Hide and seek sure never gets old!
Give me a camera, a phone or a remote
I'll carry it around in my little pink tote.
Don't give me a fake - I know what's real
You try to trick me but I know the real deal.
I love books, puzzles and lots of toys
Dolls, purses and things that make noise.
I love to sing, and I love to dance
Stomp my feet and clap my hands.
Stay in one room? No way...let's roam.
I'll wait at the back door when daddy comes home.
Don't try to hold me - I usually want down
I like to practice all the new skills I have found.
Mommy says I'm a good girl most every day...
Now I gotta go - I must be on my way!
I laugh. I cry. I walk. I run.
I like to learn. Just watch me grow.
Oh, how I love the new things I know!
I love "stuff" that I can hold
Hide and seek sure never gets old!
Give me a camera, a phone or a remote
I'll carry it around in my little pink tote.
Don't give me a fake - I know what's real
You try to trick me but I know the real deal.
I love books, puzzles and lots of toys
Dolls, purses and things that make noise.
I love to sing, and I love to dance
Stomp my feet and clap my hands.
Stay in one room? No way...let's roam.
I'll wait at the back door when daddy comes home.
Don't try to hold me - I usually want down
I like to practice all the new skills I have found.
Mommy says I'm a good girl most every day...
Now I gotta go - I must be on my way!

3 comments:
So sweet, Robin! Emmy will be writing her own poems by the age of 13! She will love this!!!
Robin
this is awesome and Emmy is so speccial
POPS
So sweet! The poem made me tear up! The grow too fast!!!
Post a Comment