Emmy had a new first this weekend that I don't want to forget so I must document it here. I'm not sure it was something to be proud of, although I believe she was really proud of herself.
So the story goes...Saturday morning, Emmy woke up way too early for the start to the weekend. After going to bed at 11 p.m., her parents were extremely exhausted when she gave us a loud shout-out at 5:30 a.m. My rule of thumb is to not get Emmy up before 6 a.m. ever, and the 6 is only in extreme cases! So...as we always do, we proceeded to find her paci on the floor and give it back to her. We tried to go back to sleep and finally drifted off when we heard her sweet voice again at 6 a.m. This time, I could tell she really wanted up. So, I decided to get up with her and lay on the couch to watch some cartoons. She was still fussy, so I put her back down.
Did I mention that we were REALLY tired? So tired, in face, that I shut her door and turned off the moniter so we could get some rest. Not sure what all happened next because I fell back into deep sleep until...
I heard Emmy's door open and looked up to see her smiling at me in the hallway. I was a little freaked out...not sure what had happened. I'm still a little puzzled as to how this happened without a loud scream, but somehow she managed to gracefully crawl out of the crib AND open her door.
When I looked at the clock, I realized why she must have plotted such an escape. It was 7:45! She had been left for nearly 2 hours and was tired of waiting on us.
Oh geez...we're in trouble now!
Thursday, May 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment