We love summertime around here. Time for suntans, swimming, ice cream cones, popsickles, watermelon, corn on the cob, lemonade and homemade iced tea! I love the smell of fresh cut grass. I love the hot, sunny mornings and afternoon showers. I love the long lazy days and pretty nights. Really, what's not to love about summer?!
Although summer doesn't officially begin until Tuesday, we have been in full swing around here. Last week, Seth completed a 45-mile bike race here in Franklin. I'm not sure what prompts him to become this big fitness guru when I am pregnant and can't workout as much. But for whatever reason, he decides to take on huge fitness goals like half-marathons and big bike races. Nevertheless, he knows he always has my full support when it comes to fitness. I am really proud of him for completing this race and getting 14th in his division! Em was proud of her daddy, too. Way to go, Seth!
Although summer doesn't officially begin until Tuesday, we have been in full swing around here. Last week, Seth completed a 45-mile bike race here in Franklin. I'm not sure what prompts him to become this big fitness guru when I am pregnant and can't workout as much. But for whatever reason, he decides to take on huge fitness goals like half-marathons and big bike races. Nevertheless, he knows he always has my full support when it comes to fitness. I am really proud of him for completing this race and getting 14th in his division! Em was proud of her daddy, too. Way to go, Seth!
Emmy got her first haircut since she was 14 months old. You may recall my horrible experience then. Let me refresh your memory here. Emmy was an angel this time and sat quietly while she snipped her dead ends. Then, she even sat still for a pedicure. She loved every minute of it - especially the sucker and rubber princess duckie they gave her.
Friday, we headed to Camp Nickajack Swimming Lessons to watch Bek's swim show. Em got to jump in for a while and practice her skills. Bek was really excited when Emmy showed up...
Below, Bek jumps in for the races. This boy is a fish in the water! He can swim all the way across the pool, get a breath and swim backstroke. And let me just clarify - he is still only 2!! Like mommy, like son. We're so proud of you Bek!



No comments:
Post a Comment