Thursday, February 2, 2012

Six Months

It's hard to believe my boy is already 6 months! And it may NOT be hard to believe that I am a couple weeks late in posting on this. He will be 7 months in a little over 2 weeks, and being the blog slacker that I am now (I won't make excuses), I have just gotten around to snapping a picture of him and writing this post.
This picture was taken yesterday (2-6-12) after an interesting Valentine's photo shoot that mommy attempted. Be sure to stay tuned on Valentine's Day for more on that. :)

This is the new tri-pod position that Gavin can do before plunging face-first into the floor. He is getting stronger everyday so I think he'll perfect it very soon! :)


Gavin at a Glance (6 months):
  • Loves to jump in the exersaucer.
  • Has discovered his thumb and only sucks it at night. I realize we may be in trouble here, but I am advocate of a baby utilizing anything in the crib that can self-soothe at 3 a.m. - be it the paci, bedding, fingers, thumb, whatever. Mommy needs her sleep. Period.
  • Still has a love-hate relationship with baby food. He is still grasping the concept, and we're continuing to work on it.
  • Has learned to sit in the tri-pod position and can stay put for about 30 seconds before he nose dives into the carpet.
  • Has discovered faces and literally grabs at anything - eyes, nose, cheeks.
  • Lights up at the sight of big sis and doesn't take his eyes off her when she is in the room.
  • Loves being with people and trying to imitate sounds. He pays attention to my mouth when I am talking and will try to get out a squeal of his own.
  • Has become quite the wiggle worm and curious about everything! He is strong as an ox and rares his head back in your arms to see what's behind him. I can hardly get him to sit/stand in anything without him wanting to see what else is going on.

I'll have to admit I was quite the schedule nazi with Emmy. Everything revolved around her nap and feeding schedule. This lil guy - what schedule?! Every day and night is a new one with him, and he has yet to conform to a schedule (except night-time, thank goodness). Naps and meals are at different times each day. While most of this is the 2nd child syndrome and the "on the go" nature of having a sibling, a lot of it is his unpredictability. I've never seen a baby go all day without napping and fight sleep so bad that he actually has purple bags under the eyes until Gavin. Through it all, he keeps a smile on his face most of the time and is a happy boy.

While Emmy and I get into art projects and barbie dolls, Gavin is mischeviously looking around for what he can get into next. Even though he can't even crawl yet, I can just tell it in his eyes that things are about to change around here! I better get ready...

No comments: