Wednesday, May 6, 2020

More Memories at Home

 I don't even know what day it is...I have lost track of the days. As much as the daily grind seems the same, a lot has changed. Last week was another week - 5th, 6th without school...I don't even know anymore. We tried our best to remain hopeful and positive and do something different everyday. 

We got our masks from a sweet local friend who makes them for charity. We made lots of art projects. We buried our time capsules with memoirs from our covid-19 experiences (let's hope we remember where these are one day - lol). We celebrated Taye at Antrim while doing our best to social distance, we found more birds nests, watched Emmy play basketballl watched Knox ride his tractor, watched Gavin climb trees, watched roses bloom, finally got Netflix and watched movies outside. We made silly videos and we had days where we did nothing.

We ended our week with gorgeous weekend weather - the calm before the storms. We took full advantage Sunday and went hiking. Sunday evening took a turn and crazy storms and high winds blew in taking down lots of limbs and trees We lost a big one in the front yard but were thankful everyone was ok. Seth had taken Gavin out to Lowe's and had to dodge lots of debris and trees down in the roads. It was a big mess. But the biggest loss was for my dear friend and neighbor who lost her twin brother to the storms when a tree fell on him. My heart is heavy today for Mallory as she says goodbye to her brother. 

Though days can seem hard and long, the loss of life reminds us to cherish every single day. My hope is that we never forget the good times we shared during this pandemic. I have gotten up to speed on printing my blog books, and the kids have loved looking back on the memories. I hope these pages I write will be fun reminders of their childhood one day.

If you're reading this kids...I love you all SO much!

Aluminum Foil Art...
Toilet Paper Roll Art...
This was a video Emmy and Gavin made. He is the arms. I will have to post their videos in another post!
Time capsules! These will be lots of fun to dig up one day. 


No comments: