Friday, March 13, 2009

A Sleepless Night

I wish I could say the adventures of bedtime ended with the the words "time to put myself to bed" but unfortunately they didn't. This one endured through the night, as we awoke at 11 p.m., 2 a.m., 5 a.m. and finally at 6:30 a.m. for the day. I could barely get myself back to sleep before I heard her once more just moaning and whimpering for something. But what could she possibly want at these hours of the night? I had no idea so I tried the pacifier and lovey...no luck. Then I tried a diaper change...no luck. Pacifier again...no luck. At 2:30 a.m., I realized she may be hungry. So I tried bottle...success. What provoked her to call for a midnight snack...I'm not sure. She took the bottle down and then proceeded to sit happily in my arms with eyes wide open. She starred at me and around her room for a while before I finally got her back down at 3. I knew it would only be a few hours before we'd hear her sweet voice again.

Every day and night is a new one. We're hoping for a better one tonight. :)

2 comments:

Becky said...

But she is so cute even if she does keep you up all night. The girl just doesn't care for sleep. She must get that from her daddy's side because I know for sure that doesn't come from her mommy's side of the family!

Kelly Swindell and Tol Swindell said...

Whew! I don't miss that! My kids didn't sleep through the night until at least five months. I was a zombie!!!! It especially hard when you are a new mommy trying to figure them out!