Friday, November 5, 2010

Where did Thanksgiving go?

If you've been out all all this week, you've probably realized that we skipped Thanksgiving this year. I went out to look for a little fall decor to replace my halloween stuff and all I could find was Christmas with a tiny bin of discounted fall/thanksgiving things. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Christmas more than any holiday, but geez, where did fall and thanksgiving go?

To commemorate our love of fall and Thanksgiving around here, I am going to blog about something I am thankful for in every post until Thanksgiving. Above is Emmy's new wall of art with her masterpieces from school. Included in this line of artwork is her Thanksgiving turkey that we made together this week.

So on this first cold day of the season, I am thankful for a warm house that has a wall to hang my daughter's beautiful artwork.

And although I did jump in there with the early bird shoppers and snag a few Christmas decorations today, I did embrace fall today with my favorite pumpkin spice latte and a festive fall doorpiece! :)

No comments: