Thursday, January 20, 2011

A Few Favs

There are so many blog-worthy posts as of late but somehow I go to bed wanting to remember them and never get around to blogging about it. I have let many moments pass that I would like to have recorded in my online journal so I will never forget. So for what's it worth, I'd like to take this opportunity to express a few little things about E right now.

The first noteworthy thing I must mention is that the paci extinction has been pretty successful so far. She has not mentioned it one time. We only have one slight problem now...she is playing, laughing and giggling in her bed for hours at a time before falling asleep. Without that one thing that soothed her to sleep, she is seriously fighting her shut-eye time. In fact, as I write this...she just fell asleep after 2 full hours of small talk and undressing!!

Yes, that brings me to my next point. Emmy seems to undress herself every night. We come in to check on her before we go to bed, and here of late, it almost never fails that some piece of clothing is unattached - whether her arms be out, her feet out, or the whole thing off (diaper included). One night, we walked in to her bare bottom in the cold air with no blankets or anything. She had to have layed this way for hours before we realized. Goodness girl...put some clothes on and go to sleep!

Does anyone else seem to have these dilemna's? I have tried getting on to her several times. We even used a spanking one night. But she continues to play and play and play. While it doesn't seem like a huge problem since she's not crying, we pay for the missed hour or two of sleep the next day.

Favorite Songs: Speaking of bedtime, we have a very long routine these days. After bath and multiple books, we sing songs in the crib. Her favorites are You are My Sunshine, The Farmer and the Dell, Twinkle Twinkle and Goodnight Sweetheart. She knows all the words and likes to sing with us.

Favorite Foods: This is no joke. My child adores "Komatoes." She eats the fire out of these things. She'll eat a whole container of cherry tomatoes if I let her. This is included in our menu every night. Not sure what kind of vitamins are in these, but she sure is packing them in!
Favorite Books: We have many favorite books, most of which were given to us by the wonderful Dolly Parton. When we ask Emmy who gave her this book, she says "Dotty Parton." She points out her picture on the back. "Raindrop Plop" and "Brown Bear" have become two favs around our house. Emmy even knows the words and likes to read along.

No comments: