Monday, January 31, 2011

Who Needs Sleep?

This was my child today at 4:30 after fighting sleep since 12:30!! What a day we had. Poor Em has run a fever the last couple days and has a stuffy nose and bad cough. That, coupled with the recent loss of paci, has really rocked our sleeping world. After playing in her crib for 2 hours and then crying out of extreme exhaustion, I FINALLY got her to sleep after a couple rocking sessions. Every time I transferred her to the crib, she began to cry for me again. Desperate times call for...well, she got to sleep in my bed today for the very first time. I knew if I didn't get this child to sleep, we were in for a very bad afternoon. She went right to sleep and snoozed until I woke her at 5:30. Mind you, she only slept 9 p.m. - 5:30 a.m. last night! Now, we just got her in bed at 9 p.m. so here we go again with this vicious sleep cycle.

Where did my good little sleeper go?! I get so frustrated at Em for talking to herself and playing softly in the crib - wasting valuable shut-eye time. But then I got to thinking...how can I be mad at her when all she is doing is loving life and not wanting to miss a thing. Life is so sweet to a 2-year old!

And really, who needs sleep anyway?

1 comment:

Becky said...

She looks so comfy! You should let her sleep with you everyday and then all would be happy - ha.