Wednesday, January 4, 2012

5 Months

Other than for the shameless joy of bragging about our kids to friends and family, there is a reason we moms blog. Over Christmas I received a gift that I ordered myself. It was a beautiful blog book that made the many hours of taking pictures and preparing blog posts well worth the time spent. This photo journal is going to be so special for Emmy and Gavin to go back and read one day. It made me realize how important it is to document things for them to read and made me realize even more how much better I have done with it for Emmy.

And so, poor little Gavin - my second child - has been deprived of a lot of his first 5 month updates. But before we do a pity party on him, let me just add in the fact that this sweet little fella is a high maintenance one and hasn't given me a lot of spare time to document things! He doesn't like to sleep a whole lot during the day, thus requiring my constant attention. Just look at that mischievous smile already...

At the end of December, this little guy turned 5 months. A few words to describe him: happy, dependent and social. He loves to socialize and be in the same room as someone. He is very alert...can be almost asleep and those big eyes pop open at any sound or anyone talking - lil guy doesn't want to miss a thing. He only likes activities for a little while before he gets bored and has to move to something else. He even gets bored taking his bottle sometimes and starts cocking that head around to see what is going on around him. As mentioned, he doesn't like to sleep much during the day and only takes hour naps at a time. I'm not complaining too much here though because he does sleep pretty good at night. He is out like a light at 6 - 6:30 every night.
He's recently started rice cereal - much to his disliking. I have tried for several weeks, but he likes to seal those lips tight so I can't get much in. When I do sneak a bite in, he lets it sit for a while - not quite sure what to do with that textured stuff.

Overall, he is an active and happy baby that consumes a lot of his momma's time. But let me just say that after an extremely independent child, I have loved every minute of his neediness. Sweet baby boys!

No comments: