We kicked off Christmas Eve at our house with the Esteps. We had a nice brunch and enjoyed watching the kids open their gifts from Nana and Pops. Gavin was ecstatic that the present-opening had begun. He had been watching the gifts, counting, arranging and noting every new gift for weeks. It was finally time to see what all was under that tree!
Full disclosure: I did a lousy job photographing this year's pre-Christmas and Christmas celebrations. I normally capture so much of the day to day events, as well as the big day itself; however, this lack of sleep has me out of sorts. I tried to be in the moments and capture the memories in my head since it is rare I have a camera in my hands in place of this little guy. The picture above and below are all I have of our wonderful day with family.
This is Jingle's last hiding place before he headed back to the North Pole. The storms were so bad the night before Christmas Eve that he had wrapped himself in a paper towel to dry off from the rain and held a flashlight in case the power went out. Our elf comes prepared! ;)
Christmas Eve...Emmy wrote her letter to Santa and the kids put out the cookies and milk.
All was calm, all was bright...
And we had a Santa's sleigh spotting before bed! We felt sure this was the smoke behind the sleigh. We read 'Twas the Night Before Christmas' and said our goodnights so that Santa could make it to our house soon!





No comments:
Post a Comment