Saturday, March 14, 2020

I don't Want to Forget

March 14, 2020...

I was laying in bed with my middle son last night when he wanted to know funny things he said when he was little. I documented my first child's funnies, and I can remember my last child's funnies because they are still fresh on the brain. But I couldn't think of all the funnies with my middle, and I told him some stories and assured him I have documented some funnies on this blog that we could look back on. I then realized how important this blog is to remember the good times, remember the bad times and just simply remember this time we are in...right now.

Right now is a crazy time. We welcomed 2020 like we do every other year - in crazy, busy, ready to tackle any and all things mode. But since January, we have seen so many sad things locally and abroad that have us all shaken. From the tragic helicopter crash of Kobe Bryant to the horrific tornados in Nashville a few weeks ago to now the coronavirus, our world seems broken.

Drastic measures have been taken to reduce the spread of this mysterious virus - hence we have been out of school already for 6 days and counting. Travel restrictions, hoarding of supplies, cancelling seasons of sports and social distancing are things we will remember during this difficult time.

Hopefully in the coming months, life will go back to normal as we all know it. But for now, things will be different. And during this new normal, I hope to find time to blog again and catch up on 2019 and the beginning to 2020.

In a crazy, fast-paced life with raising children, this has been my method to document. I haven't done such a good job because of the busyness of life. Now that we are forced to slow down, I hope to enjoy this home quarantine time with family and cherish the simple things like conversations and funnies my kids say.

Because truthfully, those are the things I don't want to forget.







No comments: