Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I remember when...


As we enter 2009, I reminisce on all the great memories of 2008. My memories are still fresh and seem like only yesterday. Of course, most of them are of my pregnancy since that occupied 9 of the 12 months. However rough it may have been, I now seem to only remember the good stuff.

I remember taking a pregnancy test and not believing my eyes. I was so dumbfounded that we had to take a quick trip to Publix to pick up a couple more. We ended up 3 for 3 and realized that the stick wasn't lying. Wow.

I remember going to my first doctor's visit and seeing the first glimpse of our baby. It was amazing that the tiny little thing already had fingernails. I will never forget the visit that confirmed...we were going to have a baby.

I remember going to my 20 week visit and finding out we were having a little girl. I was scared the ultrasound tech was wrong, but she drew a big arrow to the three lines and assured me it was 100 percent girl.

I remember the last couple of weeks...the longest three weeks of my life. I couldn't wait for her to get here and held that little bit of hope that just maybe she would surprise us early. Wishful thinking...

I remember the night we headed to the hospital to deliver. I had a rush of emotions going through me, including the apprehension of labor and delivery. I was so scared of what was to come. It was time to unveil the results of the last nine months of my life. I couldn't wait to see her.

I will never forget holding my daughter for the first time and the look on her daddy's face. It was the most incredible and special feeling. And I will never forget putting her in the car seat for the first time and driving away from the hospital. It was at the moment that I realized my life as I knew it would never be the same. It had changed forever and for the better.

These are the best memories of my life. Tomorrow Emmy will be 8 weeks old. To commemorate her big day, I will attach the video Becky made of her very first pictures. Boy has she changed!

Cheers to a great 2008 and making more great memories in 2009!


1 comment:

Carrettas in Chicago said...

What an awesome post and terrific first 8 weeks of Miss Emmy's life. I hope to meet her in person soon. Until then, give her a kiss from auntie april. :) XOXOX