Friday, January 9, 2009

The Life of An 8-Week Old

Life is hard when you're 8 weeks old. I mean...you have to eat every 3-4 hours, sleep all the time, pee and poop whenever you feel like it, and of course play when you can find the energy after all those other hard activities. Luckily, playtime at are house is a big priority for Emmy. She just loves her jungle gym and mobile in the crib. I'd say those rank pretty high in her list of favorites right now. She has been practicing her "skills" as she kicks her feet and waves her arms around.

But she does have a new skill that I am in love with. When she smiles, it makes my day. It is so rewarding to watch her eyes light up with that precious smile. Hopefully she'll keep on practicing that one.

I'm attaching a quick clip of the day in the life of Miss Emmy. When she is not eating, sleeping, peeing or pooping, you can find her here oohing and cooing as she listens to the repetitive music go on and on and on. You see? Life is so hard when you're this little.

2 comments:

Kelly Swindell and Tol Swindell said...

Hey girl! I am so glad you commented on our blog! I didn't know you had a baby and I want to say congratulations. She is beautiful!!!!!! What a blessing it is to be a mom. It is the most wonderful and humbling thing to ever experience. God is so gracious and so sovern to show us just a tiny glimps of how much he loves us through our children. I am so happy for you!!!

Carrettas in Chicago said...

Just precious! Keep the videos coming - love checking her out "in action." :)

xoxo