Not too much to report here on Emery Lane.
From a never-ending cold to an ear infection to a stomach virus to an allergic reaction to penicillin to serious teething, I thought we were having a rough start to the New Year. Poor E has a terrible reaction all over all her body from the antibiotic for her ear infection. Then her "party in the crib" episode Thursday was passed along to mommy Friday night. And I might add that the adult version is WAY worse. Fun weekend for mommy!
And so I thought this was a rough start...and then I heard on the news about Haiti. Wow...these minor ailments I speak of are incomparable to what the people of Haiti are going through. My heart is heavy as I watch the unbelievable news clips and photos that take your breath away. This horrible disaster does put things in perspective. Life is so precious, and these people would give anything to have their loved ones back, their homes back, their health back, and their life as they knew it back. I am so proud that our country has the financial means and power to step up in a crisis like this. And I hope and pray for more survival stories and family reunions to surface as aid continues to arrive.
Sunday, January 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment