Ever wonder why bad things happen to good people? Why life can be so sweet and then a big lemon gets thrown into the mix? That's exactly what we're all wondering tonight, as we try to process the recent news we've received.See these cute faces above: well one is my sister of course, and the other sweet face is Marina's fiance and my future brother-in-law whom I posted about here.
As you can tell from where this is going, life has recently thrown this cute couple for a big curve ball. Will has recently been diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma. A week ago today, Marina and Will stepped on the emotional roller coaster that has taken them for many ups and downs.
We have all jumped on board this roller coaster and are ready to take this rough ride with Will every step of the way.
Will is so fun and adds an interesting dynamic to our family. He is fun-loving, strong, determined, confident and witty. I know it sounds corny (Marina and Becky - go ahead and laugh), but where there's a WILL, there is a way to beat this. Cancer may delay things a bit, but it won't slow his stamina and determination to succeed.
Our hearts are with Marina and Will during this difficult time. Will - we can't wait to see you put on that graduation gown and then put on that suit for your wedding. You have lots of exciting times ahead, and once these sour lemons are out of the way...it will be all that much sweeter!

4 comments:
Oh,Rob I am so sorry to hear this. I've been so excited reading all of the updates about their engagement - such a beautiful couple.
Keep your enthusiasm going - I agree 100% and believe firmly in the "where there's a will, there's a way" mentality. It can make all the difference.
I'm thinking of all of you and have you in my prayers - please give Marina a big hug from me.
XOXOXOXOXO
Thanks April! :)
And Thank you Robin! Will really appreciates all the love & support from you guys. I think he's beginning to think that he is everyone's "favorite" from all of these kind words! :)
What a sweet post...Thank you. Hopefully soon we can post about how great he is doing AFTER his treatment!
Robin and Marina,
So sorry to hear this! I will keep him in my prayers. Keep us posted.
Ashlee
Oh my gosh, I am so sorry... Please tell Marina that we are thinking of her and Will and our prayers are with them... Between prayers and the miracles of medicine these days I'm sure there will be a way.
Post a Comment