Sunday, November 27, 2011

Attention Lady Bugs and Gentlemen:

Those were Emmy's words the other day when Seth overheard her playing by herself. It makes me smile everytime I say them. Oh sweet Emmy.

This past week was an eventful one. Before the holidays, we had a double doctor appointment for Emmy's 3-year and Gavin's 4-month. Why I scheduled them at the same time, I am not sure. Nonetheless, it worked out fine considering I coerced the hubby to tag along for assistance. Last time Gavin had his shots, he screamed all the way out the door so I was a little nervous. Emmy and I got flu shots, and she was such a big girl. Didn't even make a sound when they poked her. She was actually quite excited about the appointment. She proudly changed into her little yellow gown and waited in her daddy's lap for the doctor.

All in all, it wasn't as bad as I imagined it would be. Both kiddos did great and looked great. Gavin is following in his sister's footsteps in the 80th percentile for height. Em is in the 92nd percentile. Looks like they got their daddy's height. :)

Thursday we headed to my cousin James' house for a feast with the Fleming fam. It was the perfect weather, and we enjoyed hanging out at their house. From there, we headed to the Esteps for feast #2 and stuffed ourselves like turkeys! I was so busy with Gavin that I only snagged three photos the entire day.

Emmy just a swinging...

Emmy and Bek admiring Cool Cousin Swope...

Gavin with his Auntie Rina...

Saturday, we headed to Columbia to visit with my Nanny and Peggy. Below is Emmy and Gavin with Peggy. This was taken on my cell phone, and I wish I had my camera because this picture is so cute!
And we had a visitor arrive at our house for the first time ever. Meet Jingle (as Emmy named him), the elf on the shelf. He is new to our house and will be keeping an eye on Miss Em to make sure she is on her best behavior this month. This, along with some Christmas decorating tonight, means it is beginning to look a lot like Christmas! Love this time of year.
Oh, and happy birthday to Becky and Will! Hope you both have had fantastic birthdays!

No comments: