Monday, February 15, 2016

She Said Yes

These are some more of Emmy's creations. All her friends seemed happy opening their big cards that would barely fit in their decorated bags! I watched their faces as they opened hers. As they opened, I noticed one boy named Gavin who had asked Emmy to be his Valentine earlier in the week seemed disappointed that his didn't have a special message. He said, "mine only says To Gavin, Love Emmy"  as he glared at his neighbors who had a special message. She did, afterall, say yes to him when he asked even though she had no idea what that meant.

When we got home, she showed me the special box of chocolates he brought her with an XOXO on the back. I then realized why he was disappointed. We bought him a box of chocolates this weekend to make sure she gives him a little something special and honor her word when they return to school since she did say "yes." Sweet young love.

No comments: