Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Week 5


 Last week was a tough one. Out of all the weeks thus far, it seemed the hardest and longest. It could have been because it was the 5th full week with no school, that we haven't left the house hardly at all, that we have had too much together-time, that I am not cut out to be a home-school mom, that Carol Birdsong called last Wednesday to announce school was out through end of school year (tears), or possibly a combo of all! 

Nevertheless, we somehow made it through another week and counted our blessings each day. I didn't take a lot of pictures last week but I realized the importance of the little things. 

We watched a bird protecting her eggs in one of our fields. We watched everyday until those little babies hatched and emerged from the nest. It was cool to see the dad scurry around to get worms and act crazy when we came around to protect his family. Beautiful watching their family grow.

We are enjoying family dinners together again - no sitting at the bar and hurrying because of a b-ball or swim practice. We sit at our 10 ft. family style table and eat a dinner together which had become almost nonexistent before this quarantine due to our busy schedule. 

While I know things will go back to the hustle and bustle one day, I hope I can remember the slowness of this time to better appreciate this life. 



No comments: